Advantages of shaded outdoor campuses:
- Puts unused space on your campus to good use as outdoor dining, congregation and recreation areas.
- Allows for increased social distancing, fresh air, ventilation and breezes.
- Protects students, staff and faculty from the sun and UV rays.
- Lowers temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
- Prevents outdoor furniture from reaching dangerous temperatures.
- Reduces glare from the sun that can impair vision, especially of computer or tablet screens.
- Enhances style and school spirit with distinctive shades and structures in your school colors.
Colleges and Universities: Using Shade to Make an Impact
When it comes to college and university campus landscaping … do looks matter? The answer is YES. According to Washington State University (WSU) News, Phillip S. Waite, assistant professor in the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architect, says that campus landscaping has a profound impact on campus choice.
College and university administrators, of course, know this and strive to provide inviting campuses that communicate to students that they care about them.
One way to differentiate one campus from another, is the use of eye-catching shade structures.
Shade structures not only provide for great visual impact to any campus, but they also provide students and faculty a place they can congregate and enjoy fresh air between classes.
Innovative Shade Solutions
- Campus Gathering Areas
- Concession Stands
- Sport Training Facilities
- Parking Lots
- And More!
Designed to mimic shade trees, Apollo Sunguard shades are made with durable high-density polyethylene material with ultraviolet additives that block up to 96% of UV rays. This reduces the risk of sunburn, overheating and other heat-related injuries and lowers temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
Purchasing Made Easy & Industry’s Strongest Warranty
Apollo Sunguard is vetted as a BuyBoard-awarded vendor to simplify purchasing and ensure value.
Whether it be to create visually appealing outdoor gathering spaces or to protect fans and athletes at the big game, shade structures by Apollo Sunguard provide both form and function and can be counted on to last. That’s because Apollo Sunguard shade structures are protected by the shade industry’s strongest warranty – a 20-year warranty on the steel framework and a 15-year warranty on the fabric – so form and function are here to stay.
Our fabric is tested by an independent laboratory and a large selection of colors meet a minimum of 93% UV Block.