Shade for Schools Enhances Safety &
Extends the Classroom
From daycares to universities, schools need shaded areas to provide comfortable and sun-safe outdoor spaces for learning, recreation, dining and gathering. Shaded outdoor classrooms and assembly areas provide space for social distancing and fresh air.
Apollo Sunguard offers shade structures that protect students, faculty and staff from UV radiation, the primary cause of skin cancer, and also lower ambient temperatures by up to 20 degrees. Thereby, reducing the risk of overheating and other heat related injuries.
Apollo Sunguard: The Titans of Shade
As the oldest privately owned shade manufacturer in the country with the industry’s strongest warranty, you could say that Apollo Sunguard is the titan of shade. In fact, one of Apollo Sunguard’s more popular shade structure is called the Titan for its great size and strength.
Specifically designed and engineered to span a large area, the Titan is the perfect shade structure for school campuses as it can enhance safety for students and staff and provide outdoor areas that extend the school’s space.
Obstacle-fee, the Titan also helps to define spaces spectacularly, making outdoor areas more inviting and functional. To learn more on how we can help you plan your school shade, including long-term use of space, ease of maintenance and budge contact us today.
We Have Shade Structures For:
- Assembly Areas
- Athletic Venues
- Colleges / Universities
- Early Childhood Centers
- EV Charging Stations
- Fitness Trails
- Hospitals / Healthcare
- K-12 Schools
- Outdoor Classrooms
- Outdoor Dining Areas
- Parking Lots
- Picnic Areas
- Sporting Facilities / Stadiums
- Tennis Courts
Our Shade Structure Services Include:
- Fully Engineered Structures
- Sealed Engineering Plans for all 50 States
- Engineering & Design Assistance Available
- 30 to 45 Days for Structure Delivery After Receipt of Order and Submittal Approval
- Multi Foundation Designs for all Geotechnical Requirements & Soil Conditions in all Regions
- Site Specific Engineering Assistance for Special Site Conditions Included with Order
- Structures Engineered to Withstand 115 MPH Wind Load per current International Building Code (IBC) & Florida Building Code (FBC)*
- All Structures Frames Engineered to Withstand 180 MPH Wind Load with Covers Off
*Apollo Sunguard recommends cover removal when winds forecasted to exceed a Category 1 hurricane of 74-95 MPH, 119-153 km/h.
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY
Apollo Sunguard is the first shade company to win the Gold Triangle Award from the American Academy of Dermatology, an award which recognizes excellence in public education of dermatologic issues.
Our fabric is tested by an independent laboratory and a large selection of colors meet a minimum of 93% UV Block.