Advantages of shaded outdoor campuses:
- Puts unused space on your campus to good use as outdoor classrooms, dining, congregation and recreation areas.
- Allows for increased social distancing, fresh air, ventilation and breezes.
- Protects students and teachers from the sun and UV rays.
- Lowers temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
- Prevents outdoor furniture and play equipment from reaching dangerous temperatures.
- Reduces glare from the sun that can impair vision, especially of computer or tablet screens.
- Shows parents, teachers and students you care about their well-being.
- Enhances style and school spirit with distinctive shades and structures in your school colors.
Make the Most of the Outdoors on Your Campus
The sun is strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., right when school is in session. With physical education classes, recess, lunch breaks, sporting events and other activities taking place outdoors, K-12 students and staff are often exposed to the sun’s radiation during the peak sun hours of day.
Apollo Sunguard manufactures industry-leading shade structures to enhance the many types of multi-use outdoor areas on K-12 school campuses. Designed to mimic shade trees, Apollo Sunguard shades are made with durable high-density polyethylene material with ultraviolet additives that block up to 96% of UV rays. This reduces the risk of sunburn, overheating and other heat-related injuries and lowers temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
Apollo Sunguard is vetted as a BuyBoard-awarded vendor to simplify purchasing and ensure value for schools, municipalities, county governments and more.
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY
Apollo Sunguard is the first shade company to win the Gold Triangle Award from the American Academy of Dermatology, an award which recognizes excellence in public education of dermatologic issues.
Studies show that our shade can protect children from the sun’s dangerous UV rays and scorching playground equipment, which can reach more than 150 degrees in direct sunlight. LEARN MORE
Our fabric is tested by an independent laboratory and a large selection of colors meet a minimum of 93% UV Block.