Shade for Military and Government Facilities
There are many areas of military bases and government facilities that can be enhanced by adding shade structures. Shade is beneficial for the comfort and safety of personnel, family members and guests, for the protection and preservation of equipment and to support efforts to be more green and reduce energy consumption.
As a GSA-approved vendor and a service-disabled veteran-owned small business, we are proud to have provided shade to numerous departments and agencies of the United States Government, including the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S National Parks Service, NASA and every branch of the Armed Forces.
Comfort and Safety of Personnel
Protecting the safety and well-being of service members can start with protecting them from heat and sun exposure in their training and work environments.
Apollo Sunguard Shades protect personnel by:
- Reducing the chance of exertional heat stroke and heat exhaustion
- Preventing sunburn by blocking up to 96% of UV rays
- Using breathable fabric that promotes air circulation
- Lowering temperatures underneath by up to 20 degrees
- Reducing glare and sun blindness
Our shades are ideal choice for main gates, security checkpoints and training facilities where it’s important for personnel to be focused and alert. For family members, visitors and guests, comfort and quality of life can be improved by adding shade to playgrounds, childcare areas, picnic facilities, sports fields, parking lots, and other gathering spots.
Protection and Preservation of Equipment
Shading motor pool and hanger areas can dramatically increase the usable life span of ground vehicles, aircraft and equipment. Shade for parking lots, motor pools and maintenance areas can:
- Lower temperatures inside vehicles by up to 100 degrees or more
- Prevent surface damage from UV rays and high temperatures
- Reduce the energy needed to cool the vehicle and occupants
- Protect vehicles and equipment from rain, sleet and hail damage
- Slow down the deterioration of pavement
Shading motor pools and parking lots reduces energy consumption by decreasing the energy needed to cool vehicles and by lowering the urban heat island effect, which is the temperature rise caused by pavement absorbing and retaining heat. The use of electric vehicles also helps by lowering fuel costs and carbon emissions.
Shading EV charging stations helps even more. When EV charging stations are shaded, they:
- Charge vehicles up to 14 minutes faster
- Consume less KW energy to charge
- Require less maintenance for the charging station
- Protect the vehicles from internal and external sun damage
- Lower internal vehicle temperatures up to 20 degrees
Apollo Sunguard partners with Charge Point, the leading manufacturer of EV charging stations in the U.S. We’ve sold and distributed shaded EV charging stations across the country were awarded a BPA (GS-30F-GA082) to support the electrification of Federal fleets.
Why Work with Apollo Sunguard
We have been in the business of shade since 1993. As the oldest privately-owned shade manufacturer in the country, we are a leader in shade innovation and are committed to offering the highest quality shade products available.
Our shades comply with the latest local and national building code requirements, and they come with the industry’s leading warranty – 20-years on the steel framework and 15-years on the fabric. Our non-aging, high-density polyethylene shade fabric is resistant to fire, rot, mold and mildew, and our steel structures are built to last.
Apollo Sunguard is a GSA-approved vendor, and we are proud to shade America. Our engineers and designers will work with you to meet your custom shade requirements and determine the perfect shade structure for your specific installation.
For more information on how Apollo Sunguard can provide shade for your military or government facility, contact us at 941-925-3000 or at [email protected].
Apollo Sunguard Shade Structures are ideal for protecting:
- Main Gates & Security Checkpoints
- Entryways & Walkways
- Motor Pools & Hangers
- Ground Vehicles & Aircraft
- Parking Lots & EV Charging Stations
- Training Grounds & Shooting Ranges
- Picnic Areas & Outdoor Seating
- Childcare & Play Areas
- Recreational Areas & Aquatic Facilities